Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yaja123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
anyone know why the apple weather widget moves up or down 1cm everytime a start the powerbook? its the only widget that does this weird shift. its position well within the screen area and not overlapping etc....

anyone?

5300cs

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2002
japan
Mine just stopped working for a few weeks. I had to remove it, then put it up again and it was okay :confused:

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
As far as I've understood it: The Weather widget (and some others) occupy a bigger space than the visible area. So if you have the widgets fairly close together they will think they're covering each-other and one (or more) will move a bit upon startup.

To see how much space a widget really takes you can with Dashboard visible press cmd-(ctrl-)shift-4 then hit the spacebar. The cursor becomes a camera that will take a snapshot of whatever window it's hovering above. If you move that in over the Weather widget you will see it has quite an invisible top and bottom "border".

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Switzermac said:
my towns weather stopped working, why?

Don't know 'why' but this also happened to me last week. Remove it from dashboard and then add it back, re-select your town and hopefully it should work again.

Moria

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
Does anyone else's weather widget display the totally wrong weather? Apparently it's sunny at the moment... it's raining...

Maybe the Glasgow I've selected isn't in Scotland? :confused:

Edit: Just checked and it is on the UK one...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.