Apple Weather Widget Moves......

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Yaja123, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Yaja123 macrumors regular

Mar 19, 2005
    anyone know why the apple weather widget moves up or down 1cm everytime a start the powerbook? its the only widget that does this weird shift. its position well within the screen area and not overlapping etc....

2. 5300cs macrumors 68000

Nov 24, 2002
    Mine just stopped working for a few weeks. I had to remove it, then put it up again and it was okay :confused:
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    As far as I've understood it: The Weather widget (and some others) occupy a bigger space than the visible area. So if you have the widgets fairly close together they will think they're covering each-other and one (or more) will move a bit upon startup.

To see how much space a widget really takes you can with Dashboard visible press cmd-(ctrl-)shift-4 then hit the spacebar. The cursor becomes a camera that will take a snapshot of whatever window it's hovering above. If you move that in over the Weather widget you will see it has quite an invisible top and bottom "border".
  4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Aug 1, 2004
    The City of Culture, Englandshire
    There was another thread on this quite recently that may interest you – I certainly find it annoying (I like my widgets nicely aligned!). I think Mitthrawnuruodo is right with his explanation.
  5. Switzermac macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
  6. dcv macrumors G3

May 24, 2005
    Don't know 'why' but this also happened to me last week. Remove it from dashboard and then add it back, re-select your town and hopefully it should work again.
  7. Switzermac macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2005
  8. Moria macrumors regular

May 7, 2005
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Does anyone else's weather widget display the totally wrong weather? Apparently it's sunny at the moment... it's raining...

Maybe the Glasgow I've selected isn't in Scotland? :confused:

Edit: Just checked and it is on the UK one...