1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple Website Blunder?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mms, Jun 7, 2004.

1. mms
    macrumors 6502a

When viewed in Camino, there is a colored border around the pictures of the Airport Express. It doesn't show up in Safari or IE. It is in blue in the screenshot here, but appeared purple later on. What's going on?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

It shows that these images are links. Blue means you haven't visited it yet (with Camino) and purple means you have visited it already. I don't know why you are seeing this though - my version of Camino doesn't show it. Which version of Camino are you using?

3. Moderator emeritus

It looked broken in Firefox with two pieces. I thought it odd but that's part of the fun of web design--it looks different a lot. :eek:

4. macrumors 6502

The difference is the way Safari/IE and Firefox handle image borders. When not explicitly supplied (img border="0", for example), Firefox will draw a border. It has since been fixed (if you look at the code, border="0" is now added to the main image tags). It's not a problem with Firefox, I don't think, since I dont think there is a specified way to handle something that is undefined anyway...

5. macrumors 65816

me_94501

Hmm...looks like someone forgot to add the border="0" attribute

6. mms
    macrumors 6502a

A nightly from a while ago, I think.

Attached Files:

7. mms
    macrumors 6502a

Well, it looks like they fixed it now.