Apple Wireless BT Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by stevemolitor, Jun 2, 2004.

1. stevemolitor macrumors newbie

I've got an Apple Blue Tooth wireless keyboard that I'm using with a PowerBook (17", 1.33 ghz). The problem is arrow, delete, and other keys don't 'repeat'. By this I mean that if I hold down the up arrow key, it only goes up one line, instead of scrolling up. I have to keep hitting the up arrow. But on the PowerBook keyboard it does 'repeat'. So it's inconsistent between the PB keyboard and the external keyboard.

Do I need a firmware update? (I'm up to date as far as software update goes).

Thanks.

Steve

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Have you updated the firmware? Its alwasy best to have everything up to date.

3. Riot_Mac macrumors regular

in system prefs under keyboard and mouse there is a setting called delay until repeat make sure that is not set on off. you may want to tweak the key repeat rate also. i hope this solves your problem. if not... sorry. and yes you should update the firmware. should beable to do that automatically through software update.

4. stevemolitor thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem fixed, thanks

"in system prefs under keyboard and mouse there is a setting called delay until repeat make sure that is not set on off. you may want to tweak the key repeat rate also."

Thanks, that fixed it! It wasn't set to off, but the repeat rate was very slow. Turning it up fixed things.

Steve