Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sobering, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Sobering macrumors regular

Hey guys. I am debating whether to keep my standard wired Apple keyboard and Mighty Mouse or to go wireless. How is the performance of the wireless? Will I need to plug something into my USB 2 ports in the back of my iMac, like a receiver or something, or is the signal generated to the infared receiver on the front like the Apple remote? Also, does the wireless keyboard still have USB 1 ports on it?

S

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I've went wireless from the standard wired Apple Keyboard and Mouse and I'm really pleased with it. Performance is excellent, keyboard is nice and responsive as is the Wireless Mighty Mouse.

As long as your iMac has bluetooth, you don't need to plug anything into it, it'll communicate directly with the bluetooth module inside the iMac.

The Wireless keyboard does not have USB ports unfortunately.

3. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

What kind of battery life are you getting with your Apple wireless keyboard?
    Is the batteries rechargeable?

4. Josias macrumors 68000

Josias

I switched from wired Mighty Mouse to Bluetooth, and it's really nice. Getting this will result in you having no wires on your desk, except the powercord. This also requiring you have wireless network, but I guess you have.

And ues, it is worth it.;)

5. swingline macrumors member

i bought a logitech s 530 instead of the wireless apple mouse + keyboard. it doesn't have bluetooth so it uses one of those usb wireless adaptors which can easily go in the back and out of sight. i got it for about $74 including tax and shipping from amazon. to me it just feels much more comfortable... and the color scheme aint too shabby neither.

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I can't remember the last time I replaced the batteries on my Apple Wireless Keyboard, it must be a good 4-6 months now. That's with the keyboard constantly switched on and paired with my Power Mac (which is on 24/7), so I'm very very impressed with the battery life. The batteries are standard AA Cells, but you can use rechargeable cells if you prefer (although you'll obviously need to charge them externally)

The mouse required new batteries every couple of months, but I believe the new Wireless Mighty Mouse is much better in this department.