Apple Wireless Keyboard in Windows, I need Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by erkanasu, Jan 27, 2007.

1. erkanasu macrumors 6502

Every time Windows starts, it sees my apple BT keyboard but the keyboard doesn't work. I have to uninstall the keyboard, then let window's bluetooth program recognize it and reinstall it every time, its a pain in the ass.

How do I go around this and get this thing working normal?

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

My friend has the same problem, and I've been reading these forums regularly for the last 8 months and there doesn't seem to be any fix for it yet. I hope for your sake someone has found something that works.

3. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

Yo, sometimes this happens to me as well. But I just turn the keyboard off, wait a second, turn it back on an a few seconds later it works fine. ;)

4. erkanasu thread starter macrumors 6502

5. dunawaydk macrumors newbie

I have the same problem - recycling power on the keyboard solves the problem. I've also let it sit for a couple minutes and its paired up on its own.

I have a Belkin MacMini Flip (hooked up to my MacMini w/BootCamp and my work Toshiba laptop), so I've recently switched to the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 for Mac - I'm happy with that as an alternative.

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

No issues here...not sure what to recommend as you've already tried reinstalling the macintosh drivers...

7. seanf macrumors 6502

You shouldn't need to reinstall or turn off the keyboard, just hit the enter key and it will 'come to life' after a couple of seconds.

Sean :)

8. erkanasu thread starter macrumors 6502

sean, wheres the hit enter key button :p ?

9. fansub macrumors member

what windows partition type did you use, ntsc or fat?

10. dunawaydk macrumors newbie

I think you meant NTFS or FAT32. NTSC is the format used in broadcasting TV signals in the US.

In my particular setup, my partitions are setup for NTFS and I use MacDrive 6 to allow for read/write access to the MacOS partition where I store my files.

11. erkanasu thread starter macrumors 6502

12. seanf macrumors 6502

Right next to the any key ;)

Sean :)