Apple wireless keyboard on a Belkin bluetooth adapter

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by skywalkgr, Jul 12, 2006.

1. skywalkgr macrumors newbie

Hello,

I dont know anything about bluetooth technology and i really need your help. Today i bought an apple wireless keyboard and a Belkin usb bluetooth adapter v2.0 + ERD (because my powermac g4/MDD does not have an internal bluetooth adapter built-in).

I dont know what is wrong. The assistant shows correctly that i have 1 device "apple wireless keyboard" , but when it asks for the passkey in order to secure the BT connection , i typed the 6digit number and then i hit return but nothing happens...

pls help me :(

2. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

sometimes ive had to type it on the numbers on top of the keyboard and not the numeric keypad.. when ive sync'd my bt kb with my imac g5

3. skywalkgr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer :D

I have tried using the numerical keypad and with the numbers to the top of the keyboard.

Until now with no luck...

4. bilbo--baggins macrumors 6502a

I've just bought the Belkin Bluetooth adapter F8T012 to replace my D-link DBT-120, and I too am finding that I cannot pair my Apple Bluetooth keyboard. It finds it, but doesn't respond when I enter the pass key. When I plug the D-link in and repeat the process it responds after a few seconds and successfully pairs. Looks like the Belkin adaptor will be going back...

5. nutman macrumors regular

hmm i got the adapter and keyboard for my windows box just for kicks and it works fine. it sometimes doesnt respond but i find that if you turn off the keyboard and then turn it on again, teh computer will detect it.