Apple Wireless Keyboard Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Stevez0r, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Stevez0r macrumors member

Ok, so this is a dumb question about Apple's BT Keyboard. I just change the batteries on the keyboard and it changed the name of the keyboard. I know how to change the name but for the life of me can't figure out why it doesn't accept the entire name. It accepts it in the Mouse field but in the Keyboard field I'm a few characters short. I also can figure out how to redo the name so I can rename the keyboard.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you changing the name in the Bluetooth pane of the Keyboard & Mouse System Preference? How many characters is the name? :)

3. Stevez0r thread starter macrumors member

Yeah in Preference the last name alone is characters. Is there anyway possible to get the keyboard back to the way I got from Apple? I mean like its new and it ask's to be named.

4. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Mine did this.

Its stupid.

When its first set up, it names itself to (I think) 'Apple Wireless Keyboard' and you can't fit in the 'oard'.

I tried for the life of me to rename it, but it doesn't accept the name - saying its too long.

Its stupid. I just named it Wireless Keyboard after that..frustrating!

Another thing about OS X - you can't delete the list of recently used bluetooth devices, and after having about 10 phones to the life of 1 computer (8months-ish) - the list gets very cluttered!