Apple Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by roland.g, Oct 23, 2006.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

Apr 11, 2005
    One mile up and soaring
    I have heard and only from one person who has a G5 iMac, that the Apple Wireless keyboard doesn't conserve power/go into a sleep mode and so drains batteries fast. He actually turns his keyboard on and off all the time to save the batteries. I know that most Bluetooth mice including the Mighty Mouse conserve power by going to sleep.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with the Apple Wireless keyboard from a power standpoint?

Would you recommend it?
  2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

May 25, 2004
    I had a apple wireless keyboard, and i never had a problem with the battery. It last a long time over a school year for me w/o turning off the power except on long weekend when i went home...
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    I'm pretty sure it goes to sleep. I don't think I need to change batteries more often than once every several months....
  4. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    The keyboard has an amazing battery on it, I loved that aspect of it. The problem I personally have with it is that I find the keyboard too long, specifically the full length keyboard aspect that includes numbers on the right is way too long; I wish they made a smaller version. Also, I have found the keys to be somewhat difficult to use and a bit unpleasant. I would love to see a redesign of the keyboard and some updates to this input device, esepeccialy a smaller version.
  5. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2006
    I have the wireless keyboard and mightymouse. I like the keyboard just fine. I don't know how you can say it's too big; it has the smallest footprint of any keyboard I own or use. One thing about having the wireless keyboard/mouse that I don't like is using it in windows. When I boot into windows I have to plug in a usb mouse in order to get to the control panel and pair up the devices. I wish windows would just remember them like OS X does.