Apple Wireless Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by queshy, Jan 23, 2007.

1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

I just received my Apple wireless keyboard in the mail...eveyrthing works but the way it came is quite interesting...

Firstly, while it came still sealed in typical apple packaging, the space bar was popped out of its socket...I had to pop it back in. Secondly, the CD trhat came with it didnt even have the "Apple Keyboard" software it promised...just a bluetooth updater. Weird? Anyways, it works fine, and the space bar wasnt damaged or anything, just out of its socket....strange

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

No, staples and they delivered it.

It is forsure brand new though, it was all wrapped up and sealed...and smells like Apple lol.

It paired with my computer right away, but when I put teh CD in beforehand, the software wasn't on it. and I had to push teh spacebar into the keyboard to secure it, it was popped out of its socket within the wrapping. it works fine though.

4. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

5. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

If it works then you should be fine but if you're not truly satisfied then return it for an exchange.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

probably not, keys pop in and out on external keyboards all the time, if it was a laptop id be more worried, and if you wnat the CD you could just ask them for a new one...hmm staples does apple stuff? didnt know that..i mean obviously it wont hurt to return it...but i wouldnt worry

7. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

It's not broken or anything..but if oyu look at your keyboard edge on (from the front at eye level), you can see how there are t wo little metal things that slide in to slots, and theres a button in the center of the key that goes into another slot. It was just the space bar that was out of its socket...once I secured it in, it doesn't wobble or anything...The cd included only had bluetooth update software, but no "software" for the keyboard. It wasnt necessary anyways because it paired instantly. Even if I wanted to, I couldnt remove the space bar key at this poiint because it's secured in like the other ones.

I actually had this one ordered because at staples in Canada (here its called bureau en gros), they only had french ones!!! So I had to get it ordered and it came today. But I know forsure it wasnt used or anything...it was hard to take out of the package lol with all that plastic wrap and what not - and it had that great apple odor.

Maybe it got banged up while shipping?

8. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

ya it sounds like its fine :apple: