Apple wireless mouse query

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BimzisMacn, Feb 8, 2006.

1. BimzisMacn macrumors newbie

I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now. Great resource! :)

A little background....
    12" iBook G4 purchased mid January
    1.33 processor, 512 stock, 40G HD

Today, I purchased an Apple Wireless mouse, ran the software, then proceeded to enjoy my new purchase. After installation of the bluetooth software, I'm noticing that I'm not able to click things that are on the desktop. If the icons are on the dock, then i can double click to access. However, if they are on the desktop as stated, the same icons are not accessible and I can merely highlight the item but the item With persistence, the application will eventually open but after quite a few clicks. This is also true when i have the Applications window up. When i try to click, nothing. I downloaded the latest bluetooth firmware updates (1.2), in addition to the Mac OSX 10.4.4 update which had a bluetooth update. I've not noticed anything these else out of the ordinary, but it's more of an annoyance than anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any input.

J :D

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are you using the batteries that came with the mouse? If you use (cheaper) lower powered batteries, the mouse will behave like this. :)