Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Say I just purchased an Apple Wireless Mouse via eBay (hey now $31 ain't bad) and the right "squeeze" place (or whatever it is named) is depressed a little more than the left. Is this sorta thing normal?

It feels kinda odd to me. Other than that the mouse is perfect.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
7on said:
Say I just purchased an Apple Wireless Mouse via eBay (hey now $31 ain't bad) and the right "squeeze" place (or whatever it is named) is depressed a little more than the left. Is this sorta thing normal?

It feels kinda odd to me. Other than that the mouse is perfect.

i dont have this problem on mine, at least not severly (i dont have it in front of me right now) but i do think that one side is indented a bit more, as long as the moust works fine i wouldnt worry about it, and hey you paid half of what i did for mine ;)

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
Cool beans, yeah it is only slightly affected. Just a minor irritation that I'll probably get used to in due time.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
7on said:
Cool beans, yeah it is only slightly affected. Just a minor irritation that I'll probably get used to in due time.

just out of curiosity, do you actually use the those side 'holders'? i hardley do, which is why it is probably a non-issue for me

they are there to pick up the mouse right? i never really saw any point to them myself :eek:

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
When you click you're suppose to squeeze together the sides. That way if you're doing something like scrolling down and run out of deskspace then you can still have a click depressed while the mouse is in the air. Takes some practice though. I have a fairly small mousepad so I use it often

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
Mine

Mine are about the same depression (the left maybe is pressed in a bit more - but that may be because my thumb is stronger than my finger), and i use them a reasonable ammount for dragging files and the like across my 17" iMac screen. The the ebay seller was a bit heavy-handed!
Apple's built quality is usuall 9-10.
P.S. - A mousepad? What's that? Don't think I've used one since i got an optical mouse 'bout 5 years ago!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.