Apple Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Glenn Wolsey, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Nov 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    My friend is convinced that the two things on the side of the Apple Wireless Mouse which look like the ones on the side of the Mighty Mouse do something, I told him they dont do anything but he doesn't believe me ;)

Help me win this battle ;) :p
  2. Atlasland macrumors 6502

Aug 20, 2005
    London, UK
    They don't do sh*t.

To be honest I think they might be finger rests... *shrugs shoulders*
  3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    They provide a friction point for your fingers to make clicking possible with only a few fingers. In normal mouse posture, you'd have to use your entire wrist to click the button to depress your entire hand however with the stationary bits on the side, you can just use your finger(s). :cool:
  4. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    They don't "do" anything major but they do provide a grip point to hold down the button whilst moving the mouse in the air - say if you have a really big monitor and you're moving stuff from window to window.
  5. findpankaj macrumors member

Nov 12, 2005
    If its only to win this battle, its ok....don't even think of buying one, unless you convince yourself that you can manage complete mouse functionality with only one click and absolutely nothing to scroll.

Apple could have just pulled the wire out of their mighty mouse....
  6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

Oct 6, 2005

YES...Im waiting for that wireless mighty mouse!
  7. Glenn Wolsey thread starter macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Nov 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    I own one :eek:

But I do plan to buy a wireless Mighty Mouse upon release :)
  8. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2005
    So in other words they 'do' do something
    You can also use the sides to grip the mouse of you run out of mouse pad space to reposition the mouse without losing your cursor's place.

I love my wireless mouse.
    It doesn't bother me that it don't have a second button, but i do wish it had a scroll wheel or something.

I fact, I wish it worked like a trackpad, so if you run a finger across it, it will scroll. (hint hint Mr Jobs)