Apple Wireless Mouse

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by atacinus, Dec 13, 2003.

1. atacinus macrumors 6502

Oct 25, 2003
    New York City
    okay, when i bought my laptop [pb 15in] i went for the apple wireless works great...but the problem is...i can shut the computer down and then when it starts back up, use the mouse without any setup...but if i put it to sleep [or it goes to sleep] the connection is lost and i have to reset it up again [it only takes a min. but shouldn.t apple be beyond that???] anyway to fix this?

2. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Oct 24, 2003
    I figure it has to due with mouse drivers trying to conserve battery power.

If there is not a way to configure it you may have to wait till Apple updates the drivers for it.

I myself haven't used one yet, but I would like too.
  3. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

Dec 17, 2002
    Make sure you are using the latest Bluetooth software from Apple, which should be 1.4.1 Try running Software Update.

The software your mouse comes with is really flaky when waking from sleep. The new version is A LOT better.

If you already have the newest version, then there is something else I do. When you wake from sleep, wait a few seconds. If the mouse won't work, try clicking the mouse. This usually woke up the mouse, and paired it again.
  4. Finiksa macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2003
    Have you installed the latest Bluetooth firmware and software updates? You need both.

Also make sure you have "Allow bluetooth devices to wake the computer from sleep" enabled in Keyboard & Mouse Preferences. If you don't have this option, you don't have the latest updates installed.
  5. Icekey macrumors member

Oct 14, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    In order for the connection to start again, usually I think you need to click the mouse, though I can't remember what I normally did to get it work
  6. madru macrumors member

Jun 11, 2003
    By reset, you mean turn the mouse off and on again, right? This method isn't all that bad. I think this way takes just as long to wake the mouse up as with a click. (Note: I noticed that the keyboard takes much much longer to wake up than the mouse, I don't know why).
  7. skymaXimus macrumors regular

Mar 3, 2003
    when i wake my PB up the mouse never comes back on its own ... I just click and move it around for about 3-5 sec and then it will come back alive. I think after a while the mouse shuts off to save power when its not "connected" to a computer and so you gotta make it stat transmitting again.