Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
Trump's not a great president of his own businesses, lol.

True. But, that actually increases the likelihood that Trump would be a better President. Because, statistically speaking, being a successful main street businessman is inversely correlated with being a successful President, despite what a lot of people want to believe.

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sorry-trump-past-businessman-did-poorly-as-presidents-2015-09-03

The most conspicuous exception is Harry Truman. Difficult to think of anyone else who was more than mediocre. Next best would have to be George H. W. Bush, generally judged somewhere in the middle on both business and politics.

Reactions: thermodynamic

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Both sides have a long way to go before we get a new president. We haven't even had the conventions yet.

Not rlly. Its already over.
CnHWnb1WIAEtNMU.jpg

Reactions: DrewDaHilp1

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Every poll is biased except one that supports your fantasy? Lol..um, okay. :rolleyes:

No look it up. They are heavily criticized for being left leaning. Research something for once in your life.

Its a legit criticism considering how bad they missed brexit.

I dunno exactly what they do but they give like a full 10% points for no reason to liberals somehow.

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
No look it up. They are heavily criticized for being left leaning. Research something for once in your life.

Its a legit criticism considering how bad they missed brexit.

I dunno exactly what they do but they give like a full 10% points for no reason to liberals somehow.
Someone's going to be having a Karl Rove moment in November and I don't think it will be me. :D

Reactions: laurim and CalWizrd

Bobby Corwen

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2010
Trumps speech was transformative.

Volcanic.

A watershed moment.

Trump delivered a TRUTH ENEMA to America.

It is the greatest convention speech in the history of our country.

The greatest speech by a major presidential candidate in 100 years, maybe since Teddy.

He spoke to the SOUL of the country and to the SOUL and HEART of every American.

He lifted the veil on the media lies and influences.

He eviscerated Hillary Clinton, carefully prosecuting her corruption.

He was poignant and moving in parts, too, showing himself in his most vulnerable, as he recounted the families he's met whose lives have been shattered by illegals and their violence.

He was also HUMBLE when he gave a nod to the Evangelicals who helped him, though he admits he may not have deserved it.

He showed magnanimous unity to gays, who've often been booed in prior RNC conventions, in a nuanced moment of acknowledgement.

We saw a man on a mission, taking on the burden of a nation and carrying it to the promised land.

It's now or never. We save the country NOW, or never.

Bet. On. Trump. LANDSLIDE!

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009

The greatest speech by a major presidential candidate in 100 years, maybe since Teddy.
Why do you contradict yourself? Which is it? 100 years, or ever?

As for now or never, I say never as I don't think you fix the country's problems with a con man. I have called Trump the Wizard of Oz candidate before and more and more each day it seems quite true. Much like his hotels, Trump will just be a figurehead. It's all just branding. Mike Pence will really be the one who is President and doing all the work.

CalWizrd

Suspended
Jun 21, 2011
NYC/Raleigh, NC
Trumps speech was transformative.

Volcanic.

A watershed moment.

Trump delivered a TRUTH ENEMA to America.

He spoke to the SOUL of the country and to the SOUL and HEART of every American.

He lifted the veil on the media lies and influences.

He eviscerated Hillary Clinton, carefully prosecuting her corruption.

He was poignant and moving in parts, too, showing himself in his most vulnerable, as he recounted the families he's met whose lives have been shattered by illegals and their violence.

He was also HUMBLE when he gave a nod to the Evangelicals who helped him, though he admits he may not have deserved it.

He showed magnanimous unity to gays, who've often been booed in prior RNC conventions, in a nuanced moment of acknowledgement.

We saw a man on a mission, taking on the burden of a nation and carrying it to the promised land.

It's now or never. We save the country NOW, or never.

Bet. On. Trump. LANDSLIDE!

Wow!

Need to put my hip boots on to avoid stepping in it.

Wow!

Reactions: MadeTheSwitch

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Great right in a psychotic kind of way.

Not necessarily. There are some amusing parallels one could think up and even read up about. Either way, noting one or two of them I don't think Trump is anywhere near as bad and if he is then only he to blame, not everyone else. But, whatever, parallels aren't always 100% comparable or compatible...

If nothing else to close this ramble with, if Tim Cook is warming up to the GOP then we all should be the same, the parallel is close enough.

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Why do you contradict yourself? Which is it? 100 years, or ever?

As for now or never, I say never as I don't think you fix the country's problems with a con man. I have called Trump the Wizard of Oz candidate before and more and more each day it seems quite true. Much like his hotels, Trump will just be a figurehead. It's all just branding. Mike Pence will really be the one who is President and doing all the work.

So it's really Pence vs Kaine, if what you are suggesting is what will happen. (Which means more of the same? Both, like Gary Johnson, want bank deregulation (since that led to paradise-for-all by 2007/08, and the TPP (which is a mix of good and bad but the not-so-good stuff even lets corporations sue governments for perceived profit losses, which could very quickly be misused and abused... especially if a government has nothing to do with it, corporations driving down wages means fewer customers so maybe the companies will sue themselves too?!)) And if it's a choice of a real Republican, or non-Republicans that pretend to be one or play chess, voting for the real Republican then makes the most sense unless new developments come forth.

Yet everyone is saying Clinton is playing it safe (or attacking the progressives and those that want Wall Street and bank reform) by picking Kaine, with the result that people are now more afraid than ever that Trump might win. But maybe that's what Hillary wants?
(it really starts to get good at 4:13 if not 4:38, but maybe watching the whole thing is worth it... otherwise, just start it at 4:44 to get to the cut of the chase.)
[doublepost=1469318847][/doublepost]
You have already expressed your hatred of us Jews. Do NOT use our specific mythology, especially in reference to your demagogue.

Why would he use something he hates? Is there something of substance underneath that may have "slipped under the radar" to prove a perceived point? Like playing chess? I'm not condoning his choice or use of words, especially with the first amendment and all, but his choice of words did seem weird. There has to be a hidden meaning somewhere. I don't know what it is, nor would I guess because I'd be wrong. I could ask, if I do I will go to his post and reply to it directly with quote for full context.
[doublepost=1469319296][/doublepost]
True. But, that actually increases the likelihood that Trump would be a better President. Because, statistically speaking, being a successful main street businessman is inversely correlated with being a successful President, despite what a lot of people want to believe.

Source: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sorry-trump-past-businessman-did-poorly-as-presidents-2015-09-03

The most conspicuous exception is Harry Truman. Difficult to think of anyone else who was more than mediocre. Next best would have to be George H. W. Bush, generally judged somewhere in the middle on both business and politics.

Harry Truman? Here's something interesting, the Ronald Reagan campaigned for him in 1948:

Seriously, people should listen to it. If nothing else, start at the 1:57 mark. But his whole address mentions free market principles, increased costs, lower wages, and others that are sadly still very relevant today. Maybe Trump will change things for the better. The liberals haven't, neither did conservatives before him, including Reagan when he held the reins. But they were all career politicians. Trump is the most outsider of the people currently running.

Last edited:

MadeTheSwitch

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2009
rump is the most outsider of the people currently running.
If I could get a guy off the street to do a heart bypass operation on you, would you let him? Being an outsider just for the sake of being an outsider isn't good enough. You can't be an outsider on knowledge about things. The top job in the land isn't an apprenticeship and this isn't an episode of The Apprentice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.