Apple won't return my money :(

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by propropro, May 4, 2005.

1. propropro macrumors regular

That's how I feel... I will try to explain my situation as good as I can because I'm not English.
    I returned a Powerbook on 16th March because I was not happy with the screen, as it had a problem with uneven color saturation. On that day I receive a e-mail from AppleStore telling me the they will last about 5-7 days in returning the money.
    On 21th March, according to the web tracking of TNT, the Powerbook arrives at Netherland, at Apple's euorpean facilities.
    I wait for two weeks and make a call to AS. They tell me my Powerbook is not "registered" and I will have to wait for another two weeks.
    After more than two weeks, I call to AS again and they tell me exactly the same "In two weeks You'll have your money" That answer angred me a lot, I had been waiting for more than a month... So I speak very seriously with them and they tell me they will contac with the financial department and they will call me to tell me when my return will be done. After several days I'm called by an AS operator and they tell me my money will be returned on 3rd May.
    If everything goes well, I will have my money at the end of this week, but I can't believe in Apple Store anymore so I'm fearing they told me that to get rid of me. I'm more than unhappy with AS. And I'm very very tired of calling them again and again. And if don't receive my money this week, I don't know what should I do... and waiting is not a choice anymore. Please, what should I do???

I don't know if you understand my desperation (I need that money, I HAVE TO buy a computer, and I'm only a student), but at least, I think I have poured out my feelings.
    Bye :(

2. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Did you buy with a credit card? If so, do you have the same protection we have in the US? File a complaint with your credit card company. This has accelerated the process of returns for me in the past. Once with reputable online vendor and another time with a web host.

3. propropro thread starter macrumors regular

No, I paid it by money transfer (do you call it that way?)

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

Sorry not sure what to offer for advice in that case :eek:

no se preocupe...sea feliz

Hopefully the money will come

5. propropro thread starter macrumors regular

I will try. Thank you anyway ;)