Apple Works 6.0: Presentation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Claudia, May 31, 2005.

1. Claudia macrumors member

Hello everyone!

I have a question to ask regarding the Presentation aspect to Apple Works 6.0. I created three different slideshows however, I would like to merge them into one slide show. I am not sure how to go about this or if it is even possible. I wanted to copy and paste the slides into the main slide show file but this is not possible. I really don't want to have to redo all the slides into the main slide show, becuase, frankly, I dont have the time (finals week, taking 25 units, two papers, a final and a final presentation [i still have TONS of reading] ALL due tomorrow) So any insight into this problem is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

Claudia G

2. rugonnaeatthat macrumors regular

you can copy and paste the individual slides (select the objects on the page) but this is a rather crude way of blending the two. If you have access to Keynote it is a bit more simple with drag and drop - and the visuals really impress!

3. Claudia thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, i do not have Keynote; I'm a cheap skate. I tried copying and pasting the contents of the slides but, the specific slide design i used doesnt transfer over (didnt really expect it to) AND when I paste the text onto the blank new slide, it pastes oddly. For instance, if i copy a title (that was perfectly framed & i keep all of the stats the same to the slide i am transferring the info. to) it doesnt paste correctly; the title image is supposed to be horizontal, yet when i paste the title it comes out in a block and doesnt fit in the designated title space. I hope this made sense. But i guess, if this is all i can do, then i will just have to somehow make the time for it and not plan to nap at all tonight. I am SO glad, in six days this will ALL be over, unless, i go to grad school.

4. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

I do not have Appleworks and have never used it, but is it possible to import slides from another project? If so, you may be able to open your first slide show and then import the other two one page at a time...

Sorry if you have tried this before: merely trying to help...

5. Claudia thread starter macrumors member

Like I said before, ANY insights are welcome and I thank you very much for taking the time to lend me some. However, I did check to see if there was an import option & I was unable to find any (I also checked the Help Viewer but alas).