Apple Youth Workshops! (ages 6-13)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TraceyS/FL, Feb 15, 2007.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I hadn't heard about these - I just went to make a Genius Appointment and clicked on the link.

http://www.apple.com/retail/youth/

I got my oldest registered for all 3 and the middle one is registered for 1 and waitlisted for the other 2 (which is a shame, the one she REALLY would love the most is the garage band - she sits and plays in it for hours!!).

I didn't know if it was a new thing or what - but figured someone might have kids that would also enjoy them!! (and, parents get to learn with them - LOL, will help the music dummy here have a CLUE what they are trying to do :D).

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

For some reason I cannot quite put my finger on, the whole thing strikes me as slightly odd!

3. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

Why??? Keep thinking about it! I really want to know.

My kids LOVE playing with the iLife stuff - and I had planned on using my ProCare class time for my oldest. But living an hour from the store it never worked out.

Both my girls have Digital Cameras (ages 11 & 7.5) and got "cheap" video cams for Christmas - so we've been subjected to homemade movies ever since.

This way - they will get actual instruction on the apps (that i don't use), and heck - i homeschool. Sounds like school to me :D

But, you should hear how excited they are about the whole thing right now - gee, I wish I hadn't told them yet!!

And that 7yo - recently ASKED to go to the Apple Store as something to do that day.

Also, they are directed for kids & parents - so it's nice they expect us to stay there in the store. But i'm sure there will be parents trying to drop off - i'm amazed at the places they do that (which isn't for here... but i can say that after having my DD break her arm in gymnastics in October - a parent will be there at all times with them).