Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Could work, just so long as the interface is Apple-simple and it's a separate line to the iPods. :)

I don't want them to ever overcomplicate the iPod line. It's a music player, I don't want it to have a keyboard.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
I wouldn't say total speculation -- I'd call it reasonable market speculation.

That said, I'd rumor toward the more modest side of the rumors -- it's more likely you'd see iTunes on a Blackberry than a blackberrypod.

Edit: And good find, peterj1967!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So the iPod (from personal experience) and the Blackberry (from what I hear) are both like crack already... is the goal of an alliance to create a complementary devastation that is the sort of crystal meth to these two? :eek: :eek:

howesey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2005
PDA's have been and gone many times.

Oh, and 'pod' in iPod menas personal organiation database.

applefan

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2003
No. Cal.
Today RIM (Blackberry) announced their new "Pearl" device. The devise includes a media player that, oddly, doesn't support WMA or WMV formats. Coincidentally it is available on August 12.

Might this be itunes compatible?

Attachments

• Pearl.jpg
    Pearl.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 118

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
applefan said:
Today RIM (Blackberry) announced their new "Pearl" device. The devise includes a media player that, oddly, doesn't support WMA or WMV formats. Coincidentally it is available on August 12.

Might this be itunes compatible?
I want one of those. Bad.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
mkrishnan said:
So the iPod (from personal experience) and the Blackberry (from what I hear) are both like crack already... is the goal of an alliance to create a complementary devastation that is the sort of crystal meth to these two? :eek: :eek:

Hah, that reminds me, I saw a guy at a urinal in the men's room today typing away on his Crackberry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.