AppleCar Protection Plan

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by prodrumdoktor, Oct 29, 2006.

1. prodrumdoktor macrumors newbie

Hi to all.

I'm wondering if anybaody can help me with this.
    I'm just about to order my first ever MAC- MacBook Pro !5'', and I'm wondering if I should get the AppleCare Protection Plan? It was recomendet (from the store I'm about to buy from) that I purchise it since it is a laptop?
    anybody that has some experince with that? Does it help to have that, or is it just a ripoff? I'm...macs don't crash and dont cause any trouble, right?! :D
    THANKS!! :)

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The general rule is buy it for a mobile computer. One repair will exceed the cost of the plan.

3. prodrumdoktor thread starter macrumors newbie

I see you've ordered pretty much the same macbook as I'm about to order( I want the 3GB Ram though), so did you get the Protection plan?

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

I didn't know Apple does car insurance :p

Seriously, get it. I got it for mine, wouldn't be without some form of protection against something going wrong. I pay for mine to be insured too, but that's to do with the insurance company...

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

So you've got AppleCare and AppleCar then, eh?

6. prodrumdoktor thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah...one letter got away from me... :D

anyway, thanks for the tip..I think I'll get it...a lot of people recommend that, so I guess its the smart think to do. :D

7. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

Get AppleCare, definitely worth it for a portable. I'd also strongly second the recommendation to insure your laptop. I insure mine as a named item on my house insurance, which also covers it outside the house anywhere in the world.

In my opinion, AppleCare AND insurance is a must for any Mac you frequently travel with.