AppleCare and Battery Replacement for Euro iPods

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by MacRumors, Dec 17, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

MacWorld UK reports that Apple will be offering European iPod owners battery replacement and AppleCare packages "soon".

These new programs were both recently launched to U.S. customers, but specifically excluded European customers.

Pricing has not yet been announced.

2. macrumors 65816

Stike

I dont care about the price... not really ;)
    I only would like 1st gen iPods to be supported with that program, too.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

it takes them a while dont it to get things to other parts of the world... good news tough i guess

4. macrumors 65816

Well you guys can't complain anymore I guess then.

The battery replacement prog. will probably cover all iPods out of their one yr warranty and the Apple Care will be there for folks buying new iPods or that are still within their current first yr of usage.

5. macrumors newbie

1G iPods...

They *do* support 1G iPods via this program. I just got my replacement 5GB pod yesterday...

6. macrumors 65816

Stike

Re: 1G iPods...

Hey! Cool! :cool:

Tell us, how is the experience? Does it feel like a new one? Did you get the same iPod back you sent in? There was a report that they exchange the device completely sometimes!?

7. macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I have my 2G pod for almost two years now. Does every battery needs to be replaced? Or do some pods just keep on working?

8. macrumors 6502

i reckon I'd buy a 3rd party battery and try to put it in myself! cheap! exciting! dangerous!