AppleCare and New Battery

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zflauaus, Aug 19, 2005.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Well, my iBook can with a semi-faulty battery, it only gets 3 hours of battery life. They are sending me a new battery. They said they would ship out by today. Is there a way I can track my shipment?

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Did they let you keep the old one? :eek:

*MUST REFRAIN FROM GETTING FREE BATTERY*

3. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Im sorry is the problem that it only gets 3 hours battery life. That sounds about right depending on what you are doing.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

True, but for general use you'd want more from a brand new iBook. My original G4 iBook still does 4.5 hours easily. :)

5. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

I wish I could keep the battery. My mom would be mad because it's a 130 freakin' dollar battery! I basically just browse the web, play music and things like that. If I play any games, it's mainly plugged in. I just had it happen to me. I ran coconutBattery and it went from 2500mAh to 34mAh. Drastic, drastic drop. Anybody know what the battery capacity is with a new battery? Mine right now is 87%

6. wako macrumors 65816

so... you have to send back the old battery i take it?

7. aznsal612 macrumors member

I've had my 15" powerbook for about 2 months now, and my battery capacity, said by CoconutBattery is around 4478mAh, which is still 97% of the battery life.

Also you must take into account that the second a Lion battery is made, it begins to oxide and lose it's capacity, right from the beginning of it's birth at the factory. So, coconut said my pb is already 5 months old meaning my battery is actually been holding up.

Yours is definitely a lot lower than it should be, imho.

8. wako macrumors 65816

I was wondering what maximum battery charge are some of you guys getting on a 12'' PB?

I get 4609mAh. Is that good or bad?

9. aznsal612 macrumors member

Looks relatively new. The older the battery, the lower the number gets. You're near the maximum capacity of a fresh battery. I think all new powerbooks are in the 4700mAh range for being brand new.

10. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

11. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

they let you keep the old battery... they ship dhl soo iono if you can request tracking info

12. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

I just got my brand new 15" PB and coconutBattery shows my battery capacity @ 4400mAH...is that too low? My battery doesn't seem to last all that long...even with the brightness level very low...

13. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

14. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

I got my new battery today! It has been running for 3hrs. 45mins. and it's down to est. time left 11 minutes. I did some games so that drained the battery. But everything is all better. Now, to go to DHL and schedule a pickup. :rolleyes: