AppleCare & Cinema Display?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jaw04005, Oct 11, 2004.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

How does Applecare w/ a Cinema Display work? In the next few weeks, I plan on purchasing both a 20" display and a new 12" Powerbook. Currently, Apple's online store does not offer the use of two different payment methods. I intend to use my corporate credit card for the Powerbook, and my personal credit card for the display. If the two are purchased on the same day, except on seperate receipts, will the display still qualify for an extended warranty provided I purchase AppleCare within a year?

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

The Display will covered by AppleCare *only* when purchased with a qualifying CPU (Powermac, Powerbook etc.) Both *must* be on the same receipt. Apple throws in the coverage for the monitor when purchased together.

You can pay with two different cards, but they must be separate transactions. Apple can split the purchase in the stores easily. Online it can be a bit more difficult. Call if you aren't buying from a store.