Applecare DIY Return Part Question.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Laser47, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Ok, well recently my F1 Key on my ibooks keyboard stopped working, so I called applecare and the shipped my a replacement keyboard and the box in which I was to send my broken keyboard back in. Well I recieved it today and when I opened it up i noticed one big problem: It was a USB apple pro keyboard. So I called them back and they said they will send me the right keyboard for my iBook. When I opened my DIY repair page I looked at the new Order I said that when I get the right apple keyboard I did not have to sent it back.
    So my question is, When I get the right keyboard for my iBook could I get away with instead of sending the usb keyboard to them, to just send them the defective ibook keyboard and keep the pro keyboard and the new ibook keyboard?

2. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

3. Laser47 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I most likely will try it but on the paper that came with the box it says "If you fail to return the part apple will charge you a fee of 29$". Im just wondering if they will check or even care if i send them the broken keyboard. I was instructed to put the broken keyboard in the box and send it to them, but that was before I found out it was their external keyboard.
    Also as a funny side note, besides sending me the usb keyboard in the first place, they sent me a UK keyboard with the small shift key and the L shaped enter key. But that isint a big deal.