Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
I need to get an Applecare kit for my Powerbook, as it's already been in for repair twice and know I'll need AC. I found a kit on eBay for $185, which is almost half of what Apple sells it for (although I can get edu from Apple for $239). The guy has 167 feedbacks, all positive, and previous Applecare items were sold and mentioned on feedback. Everything about the auction seems legit, but how can he be selling it for so damn cheap? It jut seems like its too good to be true.

Thanks

edit: Sorry, this should probably be in Buying Advice, I wasn't paying attention :D

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
yg17 said:
I need to get an Applecare kit for my Powerbook, as it's already been in for repair twice and know I'll need AC. I found a kit on eBay for $185, which is almost half of what Apple sells it for (although I can get edu from Apple for $239). The guy has 167 feedbacks, all positive, and previous Applecare items were sold and mentioned on feedback. Everything about the auction seems legit, but how can he be selling it for so damn cheap? It jut seems like its too good to be true.

Thanks

edit: Sorry, this should probably be in Buying Advice, I wasn't paying attention :D

i have bought applecare for my imac g4 and my powermac g5 before and they work fine... i dont know how they have them cheaper but hey they work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.