AppleCare extension?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Impreza, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Impreza macrumors member

Impreza

I'm thinking about buying a TiPowerbook 500 with 1gig of RAM, 20 gig hard drive which includes a carrying case, AC adapter (white), and an airport card for $1000. This also included AppleCare until February of 2004. When this runs out in 10 months, would I get an option of extending it for another 3 years? Just wondering. I would also like to know if I'm getting a decent deal. Hehe.

I'm gonna be waiting for the G5's to come out later this year as my main desktop machine. I just wanted to go the laptop route for now to save some space in the meantime so I can take it with me to do minor graphic schoolwork (InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator) while I'm not home. I figured I'd get a laptop that's fairly reasonably priced for emergencies and later on, a kickass desktop when I need more power.

I'm running a 933 Pentium III. I'm wondering if the G4 500's are any faster than that. If the G4 500's aren't faster than my PC, then where do the benchmarks begin beating out the PIII 933?

Thanks

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I know you cannot extended the applecare. I think thats a pretty good deal from what I know about the powerbooks. I woudl also keep in mind some ppl have been witing for the g5 sfr years.