Applecare for 2 month old Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by wheezy84, Feb 28, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought a macbook 2 months ago. How long do i have to purchase Applecare before I cant? Thanks

2. macrumors 65816

scienide09

You can get AppleCare within one year from your purchase/activation of the free one year warranty.
    If you plan to get it anyway, probably best to do so now. That way you don't forget.

3. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I believe you have...

until "two days" before your one year warranty expires. It should state the expiration date of your warranty on your receipt. "Warranty effective through Aug. 21, 2008" and I bought my MB on August 23, 2007. Hope this helps. :cool:

4. macrumors 68000

Bobioden

The thing to remember is Phone Support stops at 90 days, unless you get the Applecare.

5. macrumors 68000

LeeTom

It's actually one full year. Looks like you need more math & logic at SF State! Think about it - the exact date one year later would be one full year plus one day - 366 days. Therefore, the day before that date would represent one full year.
    All is good, except this year is a leap year, bringing that one day shorter of usual.

6. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm going off my receipt...

that was emailed to me by the Apple Store on the day of purchase. And the last thing I need is another "stinkin'" Stats or Logic class!!! (Stats I & II kicked my butt at UC Berkeley in the '90's) LMAO :D