Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
Hmmmm, I'm starting to belive in Karma because recently I attempted to install VPC with win98 and my ibook kinda died. Right now its with Apple in the shop and i'm waiting for it to arrive hopefully tomorrow. Well when I get it back I've made two decisions I'm gonna not mess with the cosmic destiny of OSX and leave windows to winmachines only when i want some kazaa. I've also decided that perhaps Applecare is for me. I've seen quite a few prices for Applecare for the iBook and I'm looking for the best. I'm hoping you guys can hlep me out.
Apple.com NEW $249
- Refurbished - $237
Smalldog.com $209

I've also seen them on ebay for around $150 ( i would only consider a trustable seller) should I go for the eBay? any good ideas out there?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I bought mine with the machine. CompUSA discounted it around $50.

I use VPC 5 with Win98 and it works fine. I see no reason to avoid it if you have a need.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
I can't

When my ibbok magically stops working after i try to install it I get suspicious. So I can always buy another comp if i really need it but right now i don't. I really get scared tho when a program kills my comp. and often give up. But back to my aplecare question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.