AppleCare for iBook

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Kwyjibo, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Hmmmm, I'm starting to belive in Karma because recently I attempted to install VPC with win98 and my ibook kinda died. Right now its with Apple in the shop and i'm waiting for it to arrive hopefully tomorrow. Well when I get it back I've made two decisions I'm gonna not mess with the cosmic destiny of OSX and leave windows to winmachines only when i want some kazaa. I've also decided that perhaps Applecare is for me. I've seen quite a few prices for Applecare for the iBook and I'm looking for the best. I'm hoping you guys can hlep me out.
    Apple.com NEW $249
    - Refurbished - $237
    Smalldog.com $209

I've also seen them on ebay for around $150 ( i would only consider a trustable seller) should I go for the eBay? any good ideas out there?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I bought mine with the machine. CompUSA discounted it around $50.

I use VPC 5 with Win98 and it works fine. I see no reason to avoid it if you have a need.

3. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I can't

When my ibbok magically stops working after i try to install it I get suspicious. So I can always buy another comp if i really need it but right now i don't. I really get scared tho when a program kills my comp. and often give up. But back to my aplecare question.

4. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Any Ideas on a cheaper place to get applecare?