AppleCare for Mac Pro + Display

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DXoverDY, Oct 18, 2006.

1. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

If I buy my mac pro and 23" ACD with the ADC discount and buy AppleCare separate how long can I wait before I buy it?

Reason being, I'm debating whether I need AppleCare and buying AppleCare through the ADC store is about $50 more expensive than through the Student store. So if anything I'd buy it through the Higher Education store for $199 USD.

But is there a time frame which I have to purchase it so that I get both the display and the mac pro on the same applecare plan?

2. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

You have a year from the purchase date. In other words, before the standard 1yr warranty is up.

3. DXoverDY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I knew that one, but there's no limit on when you can add a display to that applecare plan? I'd hate to have to buy a separate plan for the display.

4. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Don't quote me, but I think the main rule is that you have to buy the display and Mac Pro on the same invoice.

David

5. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

Oh. You have to buy the display and computer TOGETHER. You cannot do them seperately. Otherwise you would have to buy the AppleCare for both.

6. DXoverDY thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, so long as they are on the same sales invoice it should be fine?

Good to know as I was considering ordering the display early through the higher education store (it isn't any cheaper in the ADC store). But now I'll just order them together.

Thanks for the insight you two. Appreciate it.