AppleCare for Video iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by EricNau, Dec 6, 2005.

1. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Hey Everyone,

I'm buying an iPod video this week, and can't decide if I should buy AppleCare for it or not. This will be my first iPod, so I don't have any past experience on how durable they are, or how long they last.
    It's $60 to extend the warranty from 1 year to 2 years (1 extra year).
    What are your thoughts?

I also can't decide which color, maybe you all could help me with that also.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I usually find they don't last the year so I end up getting a replacement from the standard warranty as is. Also, my turnover rate for iPods is quite high. I don't end up keeping them all that much longer than a year.

As for colour, I always go white, to match my iBook and iMac. :)

3. EricNau thread starter Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Thanks

So if the iPods usually last a year, with AppleCare I might be able to get a 3rd iPod :p

And your right, think I'll go with White to match my iMac G5 :cool:

4. EricNau thread starter Moderator emeritus

EricNau

On a different note: I just realized I probably should have put this in the "buying tips" catagory.

oops. Sorry.

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Buy the iPod now and in 11 months buy the warranty if you feel like you may need it. You do not have to buy AppleCare at the time of purchase of an iPod or Mac computer, but you do have to buy AppleCare and have it registered before your 1 year warranty ends.

6. EricNau thread starter Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Thanks, That's what I'll probably do, but the Apple guy I talked to wasn't clear - he said I could do that, but he didn't recommend it because w/out AppleCare you only get one free phone call after 30 days. (or something like that) Does anyone know what he was talking about?

7. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Every iPod comes with complimentary single-incident phone support within 90 days from the date of purchase and one year of hardware service coverage. The AppleCare Protection Plan extends your service and support coverage for your iPod, its included accessories, and iTunes to two years from the original purchase date of your iPod. With this plan, you get direct access to Apple experts for answers by phone and anytime access to web-based resources. Should your iPod or the included accessories need service, Apple-certified technicians will repair it or provide a replacement using genuine Apple parts.

AppleCare benefits in orange in the graphic.

Attached Files: