AppleCare just expired, can I get the extended!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macguy1337, Nov 7, 2006.

1. macguy1337 macrumors newbie

Nov 7, 2006
    My AppleCare just expired about 7 days ago. Can I pay for the extended AppleCare if I go to the store and beg?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Do you mean that the standard one-year warranty has expired?

If so, you can go ahead and beg, but I wouldn't hold your breath.
  3. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

Jul 22, 2005
    i don't think the guys at the AppleCentre will stop you, but the online limitations probably will. Try if you want, but it probably won't work.
  4. emptyCup macrumors 65816

Jan 5, 2005
    You can try, but Apple is generally very firm about the cut-off date. If it does not work out, take comfort in that it is a common mistake. That is why I advise people who want Applecare to buy it when they buy the machine. On the other hand, if nothing goes wrong with your machine in the next two years you have saved a bunch of money. Best wishes.
  5. thworple macrumors 6502

Oct 20, 2005
    Sussex, England
    If its already gone past the end of first year you'll probably be out of luck.

Apple were kind enough to ring me up a month before mine expired, and sent through the pack for the Apple Care extension through the post. I seem to remember them saying that I still had a certain amount of time to get it all sent back and pay for it, but that was only because I'd spoken to them over the phone.