Applecare Onsite Support

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by hcuar, Mar 31, 2005.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

I've never seen anyone post about this before, so I figured it was worth asking. Has anyone ever had Apple service their Mac onsite? I'm having difficulties having 2 sets of DIMMS installed on my PM at the same time (4 slots total all filled). Both sets of DIMMS are Apple RAM and they test a-ok when installed as single pairs.

So... anyway... I have Applecare for the PM which allows me to have on-site repairs. I'm waiting for the repair reps to call within the next 48 business hours to setup the onsite repair. The phone support chap said it was time to take the PM to a repair center. I asked about the onsite support and he said no problem. I asked if they can repair everything onsite including replacing logic boards etc. He said that they will bring out everything needed to completely repair the system.

So... has anyone ever used onsite service. If no one has, why not?

2. jane doe macrumors 6502

3. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

How can they do hardware repair if they don't troubleshoot the problem? :confused:

4. jane doe macrumors 6502

They do the hardware exchange, the phone support does the troubleshooting.

5. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

I'm not so sure that they know what to replace right now... It could be a logic board problem or the original memory could be bad.