AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro vs EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by costasba, Oct 26, 2006.

1. costasba macrumors newbie

I am interesting to switch to mac..but i found somehow difficult to understand the difference between the AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro and the EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro.
    When i go to the AppleStore for Higher Education(HE) i can see in the first page this "3 year limited parts and labour warranty. Now standard on all current Apple desktop and laptop computers. Apple is pleased to announce that as part of the HE Agreement all current Apple desktop nad laptop computers are now provided with a 3 year limited parts and labour warranty at no additional cost"

and when im customising my new laptop i get to see both AppleCare Protection Plan for MacBook Pro - Auto-enroll and EMEA CC-HE contract uplift MacBook Pro/PowerBook in the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP) section...

can please someone explain to me in plain english whats the difference between those 3(?) options ...

thanx in advance

2. majorp macrumors 6502

the applecare option (£200 whateva) is an error. it shouldn't be there. someone phoned up and it should be changed soon. the 3 year standard warranty doesn't have mail in repairs after 1 year or phone support after 90 days however you can take it into an applestore to get it repaired for free (within the 3 years)

the uplift basically upgrades the warranty to full applecare. 3 year phone support and 3 year mail in repairs.

also i noticed that if you buy without the uplift and enter your serial into the support page it only shows 1 year warranty but if you get the uplift it shows 3 years.

this might be something to consider if you are going to sell it in the next 3 years as it will be easier to show that it is still under warranty.