AppleCare Protection Plan or not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DJIceT, Sep 29, 2005.

1. DJIceT macrumors newbie

i don't know whether i should buy the APP with my 12" iBook or not, but i'm having a deal.

there is currently a promo at my apple store, that if you buy the APP with the computer at the same time, you get alot of discount, so:

Regular APP for 12" iBook: $389
    Student Discount: $298
    Same-day discountL $229

these are canadian dollars btw, for the Yorkdale Retail Store Toronto

final question for everyone: did you or did you not buy the APP? Why and why not? and if you did, did you use it?

thanks all

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I haven't personally purchased AppleCare before... others can give you first hand accounts. However, I did do a quick search and found a couple of relevant threads you can peruse in the mean time.

link
    link
    link
    link
    link

3. DJIceT thread starter macrumors newbie

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I'll give you the same advice I give everyone who asks me based on my experience...if you get a portable...get AppleCare, if not then you don't need to buy it unless it will provide peace of mind for you. Just my 2 cents... ;)

5. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

ditto- exactly what i was going to say. this is sound advice

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

If you don't care about saving the 70 Canadian, you could wait 10 months or so, and then add the Applecare.

7. Marneus macrumors newbie

I got it. My only other experiance with a laptop was an absolutely woeful NEC Versa Note back in 1999-2002...I got 4 years warranty on it (school thing) and was making a claim every other week. Hence, I have an unshakable opinion that laptops are much, much more likely to pack up then desktops, and at least with desktops, I can simply open it up and fix it myself.

My 2 cents anyway...