AppleCare question to UK iBook/PowerBook owners

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iGav, Jan 17, 2006.

1. macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Basically I'm just wanting to know if anyone has recently had to have their iBook or PowerBook repaired under AppleCare and whether Apple have re-implemented their collection service for laptops?

The last 2 occasions I've taken my PowerBook into the Apple Store and I'm loathe to do this again, firstly I doubt I'll get time to physically get their before the warranty runs out (19th) and the last time I took my PowerBook in, the chumps didn't do the repair correctly and I had to take it back again... and I simply don't have the time to spare at the moment should that happen again.

I seem to recall Lau and someone (apologies to whoever :)) else having their laptops collected not all that long ago, when previous to that (May/June 2005) I was told by Apple that they'd stopped the collection services for their laptop AppleCare repairs.

So has ANYONE at all had a collection service for their AppleCare laptop repair since say June 2005?

I'm calling Apple later, but we have a hate/hate relationship, so in the event that they fob me off (likely) I need to know if they are infact somewhat covertly carrying on the collection service.

So... anyone?

2. Lau

They are - or they were in August 2005. Had to be very, er, persuasive on the phone though, and that was after phoning back a few times to find someone who I could, er, persuade. :D

I think my case was helped slightly by the fact I'd had to go on the train to an Apple store that did repairs and been quoted a month or two for repair, and that wasn't happening. Because of that I had a reason to say "This has to be picked up".

Whether being in London would be seen as such a good reason, what with the Apple store, I don't know. When I did eventually get someone helpful, he agreed fairly quickly to pick up, and so maybe the trick is to just keep phoning back until you get a timid operator. :p
  3. TMA
    macrumors 6502a

Jan 6, 2003
    We have a lot of customers bringing in Laptops for repair, Apple would not collect them. I have known several occasions where they will make an exception, but it took a lot of persuasion.
  4. macrumors 65816

Dec 8, 2005
    My iBook was repaired recently and I had to take it in, collection wasn't an option.