Applecare refund

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by fugeelama, Dec 27, 2003.

1. fugeelama macrumors member

fugeelama

So I traded my G4 iBook for a 17" iMac (which I absolutely love :cool: ), and I followed the instructions for canceling the remaining Applecare on the iBook... anyone know how long it usually takes Apple to process the refund/credit? I sent it out about three weeks ago, and I don't expect it to be done already but I'd like to have an idea...

2. oldschool macrumors 65816

oldschool

sorry, no idea on how long.

Did you just send a letter to the place listed that deals with the refunds? or was there some application you had to fill out....i know that there was an address in texas listed in the fine print that would handle applecare refunds, but i'm just curious.

3. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....without any first-hand knowledge, my guess would be the standard "6-8 weeks" plus an extra week now because of the holiday season...oh yeah!

4. fugeelama thread starter macrumors member

fugeelama

I sent it to the address in the fine print. I would have just tried returning the box to the Apple Store, but I'd already opened it -- I wanted to see what was inside! I'm in no major hurry, but I'm keeping an eye on my Apple Loan balance to see if I magically get a credit sometime soon.

It's been about three weeks, and you're right, I'm guessing sometime around February? Maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get it and my tax return early :D

5. isd_glory macrumors member

I sent my request for a refund in a little over four weeks ago. If I don't hear anything around the six week mark, then I'll try giving applecare a call.

6. fugeelama thread starter macrumors member

fugeelama

Well I just got off the phone with AppleCare Administration... the woman I spoke to couldn't find any record of them receiving my paperwork yet, but said that they've been really busy lately and it normally takes 4-6 weeks just to get it and process it! I figure I'll just call back in two or three weeks and check on it again...

7. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

I wish things were faster 4-6 weeks is a really long time! One time I ordered Starcaft from ClubMac and it took a year to get to me!

8. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

I remember a couple of summers ago I won a free snapple sippers botlle from under a cap. I thought they weren't going to send it to me, but a year and a half later it showed up on a snow December morning!

9. fugeelama thread starter macrumors member

fugeelama

Update: Just wanted to let everyone know that my Applecare refund was finally processed on Valentines Day (how sweet). Guess that puts it at the later end of "6-8 weeks" but at least it got done! Finally, my baby is fully paid off :D