Applecare registration US/UK HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VinceVegaUK, Mar 24, 2007.

1. VinceVegaUK macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just got me a shiny mac book from the Apple shop on 5th Ave NYC, the sales rep said i could buy applecare in the US (its only $200 but in the UK its 200pounds in the UK) as its cheaper but register it to a US address, even the hotel will do.

I have skipped passed the setup screen when you 1st boot up the mac for the first time. I was going to go on to the mac site and set up an apple id but just wanted to mke sure what info shall i put in as it asks for a billing address. Shall i put US stuff in here?

I have a apple account for my UK itunes account so i dont want to mix things up with that.

If anyone has experinced a US purchase of a mac & applecare but live in the UK and have set it up i just wanted to double check im doing it right before i start.

Thanks

VV

2. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Well, if you have already bought the thing, i think you are able to register it to your address at home in the UK. I don't see why it would cost you more money, as you have legally bought it whilst on holiday.

3. PatrickF macrumors 6502

You should have absolutely no problem registering AppleCare bought in the US with a UK address.

4. VinceVegaUK thread starter macrumors newbie

well ive done it with a UK address and it went through, I Apple complain i will tell them it was on the advice of the store reps who said i could do it this way.

thanks for your help

later vv