AppleCare Repair

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by upperblue79, Aug 16, 2004.

1. macrumors regular

upperblue79

My 12" pb one day decided to act like the battery wasn't there anymore, I can't use it unless it is plugged to the wall, and when it is plugged in it shows an x where the battery indicater should be, so I called a couple friends with 12" pb's and tried their batteries and the same thing happened, so I called applecare and sent my pb to apple over the weekend and I get it back today with this response "Our analysis has determined that although your battery no longer has the capacity to function at a level necessary for the operation of your unit, it is not defective. I called them back to remind them that it is my pb and not my battery and was then instructed to purchase a new battery.

2. macrumors G4

Apple is telling you that your battery is old. When it is too old to keep a charge, you have to buy a new one. It would seem that normal aging and wear and tear are not covered under warranty.

3. macrumors 6502

gallagb

apple store genius desk?

i'd say if possible- bring it in?
    or just call apple back and remind them that u sent it in b/c ur computer didn't work- not b/c of the battery

did u try ur battery in someone elses machine?
    (i know u said u tried other batteries in your machine)

else does the machine work well?

try re-setting the power management unit?
    this seems to be apple's favorite thing to tell people to do-- if something is acting fishy...

4. thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

I called back and asked for a supervisor and she was shocked that nothing on my computer was done, and told me that I was correct in that my compuer does need to be repaired since it is not seeing a battery.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

Actaully, I had a battery that was not keeping a proper charge last month and called apple and they promply sent me a new one which is the one giving me problems now, so they do send out batteries.

6. macrumors regular

So you have to send your PB back again? Do you get anything free for their screw up, besides a battery?

7. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Naturally he will receive 1000 free iPod minis, 22,000 free songs on iTunes, and a gold plated house servant for his inconvenience. It's standard practice.

8. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Could we trade the gold plated servant in for one with a Coppertone tan and silicone enhanced body instead?

9. thread starter macrumors regular

upperblue79

Maybe they can just fix it by keeping my broken 12" 800 mhz combo drive and sending me a working 15" 1.5 ghz superdrive, I mean, they wouldn't have to do the repairs at that point, correct? I'm looking out for the welfare of apple, they can save money. LOL (and I know it would cost more to exchange it out, I was just kidding.)

10. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Sure, whatever you want. That's how you get rated #1 in customer service.