AppleCare Rocks

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Shadow, Nov 1, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Keele, United Kingdom
    Last Saturday, me 3rd MagSafe broke for my MacBook. Very annoying. I emailed explaining that it was my 3rd connector, etc, etc. The next day I went to the Apple Store Meadowhall to get a replacement, and just as luck happened there was another guy with the exact same problem at the exact same time as I was at the Genius Bar!

Anyway so on Wednesday I get a call from an Apple exec called Rachel who basically said they wanted to take a look at my MacBook so they would send me out a brand-new 2.16GHz C2D one (remember the original one was only 1.83GHz CD) in exchange for me sending my old on in!

Monday arrives and the new MacBook arrives with a Leopard drop in CD. Excellent I thought, I won't have to buy it now. On Wednesday afternoon, yet another TNT van arrives at my house and gives me another free copy of Leopard - the retail version!

So in total Apple have sent me a new MacBook, iLife 08 (included with the MB) and 2 copies of Leopard. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic! I know there are SR MacBooks now, but still a very worthy upgrade :D
  2. Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    I've not always had such good luck with Apple Care, seems very hit and miss. Glad you did though, very nice.
  3. macrumors 6502

Nov 24, 2006
    Nottingham, UK
    AppleCare does indeed rock.

In August an Apple Authorised Service Provider fitted 3 LCD screens to my MBP and each of them had a different fault. The AASP decided to escalate this to Apple who exchange my 2.33 MBP for a new 2.4 MBP.

Excellent customer service by both the AASP and Apple.