AppleCare

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by chrismarle, Nov 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi folks,

I'm from Canada and since I'm ordering my 27" iMac Friday, I was wondering if it's possible to purchase the AppleCare in a near future following my iMac purchase because 3000$ is kinda expensive and I don't think I can afford more for the AppleCare at the moment.

Thanks for your help!

2. macrumors 68030

Yep you have within the first year to get it.

3. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AppleCare
    AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac or Apple Display

• You can buy AppleCare any time during the first year warranty period, so you don't have to buy it at time of purchase.
    • You can check your remaining warranty and/or AppleCare coverage here
    • AppleCare will extend the 1 year warranty for an additional 2 years, for a total of 3 years coverage from the date of your Mac purchase.
      It also extends telephone support from 90 days, which is included with your original warranty, to a total of 3 years.
    • You cannot buy AppleCare again or renew it once it expires.
    • Neither the Apple Warranty nor AppleCare will cover damage from accidents, spills, etc. They only cover manufacturing defects.
    • AppleCare+ provides some coverage for accidental damage, but is only available for the iPad and iPhone, not for Apple computers.
    • Neither the Apple Warranty nor AppleCare will cover batteries that have worn out. They only cover defective batteries.
    • You can buy AppleCare from Apple or from other sources, such as Amazon, B&H Photo Video, L.A. Computer Company and others. Exercise caution when buying from sites such as eBay, as some AppleCare offers have been scams.
    • For more detailed questions, read the AppleCare Protection Plan (pdf) agreement.