AppleLoan Question

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applemacdude, Sep 24, 2003.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I am going to get an appleloan. I was interested by the fact that there was 6 month same as cash. I went to an Apple Store and an emplyoee said that the minimum to get teh 6 month same as cash was like $2,300. But on the wepage it doesnt say anything. Is there any minumum loan? PLease help

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Minimum Loan is $1000, however I'd say the same as cash thing is probibaly what the Apple Store Guy said.

TEG

3. jtown macrumors 6502

Re: AppleLoan Question

You'll get your exact terms spelled out before you have to accept the loan. Things like the limit, "6 months same as cash" clause, interest rate (assuming you don't pay in 6 months or use the account again later), etc. If I remember the procedure, it's

1) Fill out the Application
    2) Get approved or denied
    3) Call a toll free number to verify information
    4) Get the final version of the terms
    5) Accept or decline

You can back out at any time up until the point where you click on the "I accept this loan" part.

4. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I would avoid the Apple Loan. Get a line of credit from your own bank (or even better, your credit union) instead.

5. jtown macrumors 6502

Depends on how you're going to use it. If you will pay it off before the 6 months is up, no local bank or credit union will be able to beat the 0% financing.

6. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Backtothemac is offering me a imac thats discounted with the appleloan. 17inch imac 768mb ram, bluetooth, 160 gb hd, all teh other imac specs $2,155. its a good deal but if i use credit card itll go up higer.

1000 POST:)

7. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

applemacdude

I am getting a 1.25ghz imac from backtothemac. it has bluetooth, a 160gb hd, and 768mbs of ram for only 2155. but thats with the apple loan. its higher with the credit card

1000 POST:)