Apple's 1994 Infomercial

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by AtariMac, Oct 31, 2006.

1. AtariMac macrumors regular

AtariMac

I recently acquired a copy of Apple's 1994 Infomercial, Martinettis Bring Home a Computer. Its a 1/2 hour infomercial about a family who buys a Performa. I had seen this several times on late night TV back in the day and found it so cheesy that I was captivated.

I have posted the video on my .Mac site, but for obvious bandwidth issues I am not posting the link in the forum. If you would like to view the advertisement please send me a private message and I will send youi the link as long as I have badwidth left and you promise not to pass around the link.

2. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i don't understand why you can't post the link in the forums and what that has to do with bandwidth. if people want to click on a link to a site, what difference does it make where they click from? if you're going to pass out the link to anyone who PMs you, why not just post it here so people who might PM you can forego that extra chore? those who don't want to see the video (like myself) won't bother.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

If it's a public link, everybody and their brother will click on it just for kicks and bring his site down in no time. This provides a bit of a buffer by forcing people to jump through a small hoop, ensuring that only those who really want to see it do so.

And he can also monitor his bandwidth more easily and cut things off before it brings his whole site down.

4. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

interesting. i don't think people would click the link if they weren't interested, but i understand your point.

5. AtariMac thread starter macrumors regular

AtariMac

Thank you for understanding. Apple's .Mac monthly bandwidth is pretty small and if everyone clicked through just for kicks my .Mac account would be temporarily suspended.

AtariMac

6. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I absolutely would have clicked the link had it been right there. But it's not worth it to me to send him a PM...I'm just not that interested in it.

(It is, however, worth it to me to make multiple posts in this thread...weird. :cool: )

7. 68134 macrumors member

Hey, you just wanna get the 4th million post :D :D

8. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

like 250gb bandwidth is small fries lol but then i pay for the 4gb :)

would love to see it mind

9. bowens macrumors 6502a

bowens

Nevermind. Sent in a PM.

10. mayamatt macrumors newbie

mayamatt

Can anyone please tell me if they have a copy of this available and would consider sharing? I remember watching it when it was actually on TV way back when, and have been looking for a copy for a couple years now...

Matt

11. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Interesting.

I have one about a town full of small businesses being fitted with Macs.

Maybe one of these days I'll dump the ol' VHS tape with my TV card on my PC.

12. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Where is it?

I can't remember if I have it - it'll save me from having to search through my VHS tapes...:(

13. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Dont remember off the top of my head.

I'll have to dig up the box.

Thinking about selling it on eBay. Maybe I'll get something for it.

14. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Is it from Apple?