Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

b-dogg

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
How does one apply to be an analyst for Apple? I think any one of us on this forum could best these 6-figure earning spoofers.

Tilt68se

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
I'd be VERY surprised if Apple goes thru the first six months of this year with almost no new products released. I have to admit that Apple has surprised me before and if anyone would have said last year that both Ipad 3 and 4 would be released the same year, I would not have believed it.

But that is also why I believe that Mr Kuo probably is wrong about Q1 and Q2 releases; last year indicated that Apple will update their products more often.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see both an updated Iphone and Ipad/Ipad Mini, perhaps as soon as Q1, but no later than Q2.

spl456

macrumors member
May 19, 2011
I have to echo the other comments about no Mac Pro. Boo, Hiss.:mad:

Yeah, didn't Apple say that they were going to release a new model Mac Pro in 2013?

Mac Pro

In recent years, many long-time Apple observers have noted that it appears to have abandoned the type of creative professionals who kept the Mac maker afloat during more difficult times.

Power-hungry users relied on the Mac Pro to get things done, but users saw only an incremental update in June 2012, with minor speed boosts for processors and increases in RAM. With no Thunderbolt or USB 3.0, the update failed to impress, and users took to Twitter and Facebook to demand Apple act. One received a response from Apple CEO Tim Cook, who in an email told concerned customer Franz: “Our Pro customers like you are really important to us… Don’t worry as we’re working on something really great for later next year.” Speculation suggests a redesigned Mac Pro, new and improved Intel processors, a move away from Intel for Apple’s own chips, native SATA III/SAS connectivity, and more.
http://www.macworld.com.au/blogs/apple-in-2013-new-macs-on-the-pipeline-83245/

macchiato2009

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2009
as mentioned, it says "predictions"

this guy only speculates

there is nothing to believe in his words

Apple is simply unpredictable

everyone can speculate

it doesn't need a genius to know that next products will all have retina sooner or later, A6x-A7x processors in iOS products, will be lighter and slimmer

the guy only knows to read a calendar and make copy & paste :rolleyes:

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
The iPhone 5S is definitely coming out in June. Given most people by now are pretty meh about any S upgrade, waiting a whole year (given the current competition) to release an S will be very naive.

Dorje Sylas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2011
I have to echo the other comments about no Mac Pro. Boo, Hiss.:mad:

That's because this yahoo doesn't know diddly and just repeats gossip from other sites, completely missing the fact that Tim has more or less said something is coming for the Pro end. May not be a new tower as such, maybe something different.

Here, I can be an analyst to. AppleTV with Apps. After all it just got better bluetooth keyboard support. Now all it needs is AirPlay remote control from an iOS device or bluetooth trackpad support. The new ATV now with BT trackpad support, iCloud sync, and a Set of Apple 1st party Apps (Calendar, Clock, etc). ('Touch' location will be show by little rings where the trackpad sense your fingers at) ATV App development kit available at WWDC 2013 alongside iOS 6.5 (<- not for maps, but for ATV App support ;) )

navra233

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
Did really anyone could predict iPad launch? It was unexpected, not imagined before it came & become trending device in market:rolleyes:

cambox

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
omnipresent
If they don't upgrade the Mac Pro in 2013, I will be buying a desktop PC.

I love Apple, but this is really getting insane.

I have work to do, Apple, and I'm not upgrading to the current Mac Pro.

All of us who have Mac pro are in the same boat, the issue is we the people who use Mac pro are no longer relevant to Apple and a lot now have jumped to PC, as like you say its insane and rude they have done this. You never know Tim Cook may throw a bone later this year but dont hold your breath!

Also even if he does it will be another 3-4 years before that aso gets updated as its not a consumer item. Consumers want everything now and the latests look, we just want reliability, functionality and the best possible speed for our workflow as well as to be able to update and easy connectivity to a multitude of storage devices etc.

Apple have silently stopped supporting editors, photographers, film makers over the last few years, yes there are the odd update here or there but most have been left to wither on the vine, I mean how long does it take to update aperture for god sake and the FCPx debacle was just silly and a punch in the face.

Lets face it Adobe has the edge for digital workflow and although not perfect and doesn't have Apple on the box at least its updated regular and works perfectly with a PC. Just use it for that and that alone and keep away from the internet unless updating. This way you prevent viruses although not entirely.

So Apple you were just that, the Apple of my eye for many many years, but for pro work its sad but I have to let you go. I will still be using your MackBook for consumer rubbish tho :)

Big-TDI-Guy

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2007
Thank You

No offense but I don't agree that the new imacs have been well received at all. Theres a ton of complaints regarding them and many people think they made unworthy compromises in make the design thinner.

In real life, Ive yet to hear praise from another regarding the current iMac. On MR, I have noticed a lot of negative views, too. I'm never buying another iMac because some people actually need optical drives, even if they dont generate as much iTunes sales... Since gone from anticipating the Mac Pro update to fearing what it will bring...

ybz90

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2009
There are no rumors out regarding this but I've heard from various sources (read: engineers who work there) that Apple is working on developing some kind of sound-related project. No idea what it might be or when (if?) it will come out, but there's something new. Or it could be my friends screwing with me.

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Not if you BUY the smartphone. If you BUY the phone, you can use other options. And no one forces you to use 3G or 4G data services.

You could buy a used iPhone 4S. Makes a very, very nice iPod Touch.

----------

All of us who have Mac pro are in the same boat, the issue is we the people who use Mac pro are no longer relevant to Apple and a lot now have jumped to PC, as like you say its insane and rude they have done this. You never know Tim Cook may throw a bone later this year but dont hold your breath!

Where I work, with high but not extreme performance needs, we did buy 8 core Mac Pro's years ago, but all new machines are quad core iMac 27" or quad core retina MBP. At least the same speed on all tasks, and more speed on some tasks. For much less money.

As Apple wants to move to an all encompassing payment/ecommerce presence (AppStore + Passbook (or whatever they call it)), then fingerprint recognition as a digital signature will become more important.

I remember a post where someone said he tried a huge number of laptops with fingerprint recognition at his company, and about five percent gave him access with his fingerprint. The other way round, if you have a group of 40 people you should be able to access almost every machine. Not very safe at all.

locust76

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2009
Did really anyone could predict iPad launch? It was unexpected, not imagined before it came & become trending device in market:rolleyes:

Are you kidding? Lets forget all the leaked pictures, rumors, concept art and predictions for a moment and focus on one of the very first slides shown the day the iPad was to be introduced, shortly before the actual official announcement:

3.-Last-time-there-was-this-much-excitement-about-a-tablet-it-had-some-commandments-written-on-it-Steve-Jobs-Apple-iPad-keynote-quoting-Wall-Street-Journal-450x298.jpg

Steve Jobs basically admitted that what he was going to present was something that everyone had been expecting for a loooong time...

Last edited:

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
Due to trying to stifle their competitors aspirations to be inside a thunderbolt equipped box? If true, could this be reason for slow uptake of the thunderbolt standard by non apple OEMs?

Thunderbolt requires an active display channel to work with. It will never happen with AMD as it requires an Intel processor. I predict Thunderbolt will fail in everything but niche applications because of incompatibility.

Boobsandbacon

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2013
No updates in the first two quarters besides a spec bump to a hobby market. I doubt it. I would suspect either an iPad update or MacBook Pro. More so the pro as they have an average of. Being update about every ten months or so. iPhone probably in the summer or fall. This cheaper iPhone thing makes no sense. Sure they'll get more market share but profit margins will be low and its against what apple is about. Remember netbooks? I don't expect retina displays on anything but what's retina now and maybe the mini. iPod touch with no camera makes no sense either. They could just make the current gen 8GB and come out with 5th gen s for iPod touch so to speak. Honestly whenever I see these predictions it makes me want to know what I have to do to become an analyst.

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
Robert.Walter
Due to trying to stifle their competitors aspirations to be inside a thunderbolt equipped box?
If true, could this be reason for slow uptake of the thunderbolt standard by non apple OEMs?
Thunderbolt requires an active display channel to work with.
It will never happen with AMD as it requires an Intel processor.
I predict Thunderbolt will fail in everything but niche applications because of incompatibility.
I was tossing that iDea around a little yesterday, but didn't quite know how to deal with thoughts of Upgrading current gear in the future -
Then seeing this Line - Thunderbolt will fail in everything, Sparked an idea.
Simply Search the idea. Wow- Hot 125f Cables, and More.

thunderbolt_muxing_600px.png

Last edited:

asiga

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2012
[...]
OTOH, iOS isn't an autonomous OS: you cannot develop iOS apps on iOS, and I guess they don't build the iOS kernel on iOS. And it's unlikely that Apple will enhance iOS so that it becomes an autonomous OS, so another OS is needed in order to develop apps.

Apple doesn't seem committed to the Mac lately, because all updates have been just updates or aesthetic changes, but no attempts have been made to perfect the Mac, to make it more powerful... just updates and making it look more and more like iOS.

The Paradox is that Apple needs the Mac because the way iOS is designed.

And when you need something but doesn't take care of such something, you end in failure.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
The iPhone 5S is definitely coming out in June. Given most people by now are pretty meh about any S upgrade, waiting a whole year (given the current competition) to release an S will be very naive.

People are ? Which people ? The iPhone 3GS outsold the 3G by a good margin, the 4S outsold the iPhone 4 by a good margin also.

Every iPhone has broken the records set by its predecessor. So where do you get it that people are pretty "meh" about any S upgrade ? That sure as heck ain't supported by the sales number.

Heck, I've owned a 3GS and a 4S, skipped the 3G and the 4. Now on a 5, I'll see how scuffed it is and if I have cash for the 5S.

----------

OTOH, iOS isn't an autonomous OS: you cannot develop iOS apps on iOS, and I guess they don't build the iOS kernel on iOS. And it's unlikely that Apple will enhance iOS so that it becomes an autonomous OS, so another OS is needed in order to develop apps.

iOS is Darwin with the Springboard UI on top instead of Finder. It can very much run LLVM or GCC to build apps or build itself. The issue is Apple doesn't ship a LLVM port for iOS and doesn't really allow anyone to do so (without jailbreaking).

The OS itself is capable of it, Darwin is really a modern operating system. The fact that Springboard exposes no way for the user to make it happen is not a limitation of the actual underlying OS, it's an artificial limitation imposed by the vendor.

And that can be lifted at anytime. Apple could turn around at WWDC this year and present XCode for iOS, nothing technical actually prevents it.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
smartphones are already stagnated and tablets will follow by years end imo

theres only so much u can do, time to come up with something revolutionary again by 2014

companies have a lifecycle too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.