Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
For all of you that are critical of those that don't like the deal, saying 'free is free,' you know it isn't free right? This is a promo to get you to buy directly from Apple, so they don't have to take a wholesale markdown. Were you to go to any other retailer, you might get something like a gift card, or points towards a loyalty program, while Apple actually gets slightly less from the transaction. Throwing horrible, overpriced headphones that don't cost them much to manufacture is their way of cutting out that markdown.

In my opinion, their best promo was the iPod Touch, but I can see the gift card option as a close second.
And you still get a choice, buying from Apple with whatever gift they offer (or no gift if there isn't one being offered at the time) or buying somewhere else (for whatever reason that might makes sense to you).
[doublepost=1454614984][/doublepost]
Uh I'm Australian and I've been going to school for 2 weeks now
So you are "back to school" essentially?

BrodieApple

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2015
And you still get a choice, buying from Apple with whatever gift they offer (or no gift if there isn't one being offered at the time) or buying somewhere else (for whatever reason that might makes sense to you).
[doublepost=1454614984][/doublepost]
So you are "back to school" essentially?
Yeah but these promotions are usually before it because it is for school lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.