Apple's Backgrounds

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by macmaster112, Jul 9, 2003.

1. macmaster112 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find the gray and white lines background (the one used on this site). i would love to use that for a site...

Also does anyone know of any sites that tell you how to make a website look Apple-y. lol

Thanks
    -Kevin

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

Re: Apple's Backgrounds

learn photoshop, then you will know how to make a site look "Apple-y", as you say.

3. macmaster112 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know Photoshop...

... and I am definatley makin my site Apple-y using it. I just wanted to know if I could get it anywhere else so its exact. Also, I am using Powerpoint to make the site. I am trying to make Apple-y buttons, but the Lucida Grande font in Powerpoit isn't anti-aliased, so it doesn't look good. Then I tried it in Photoshop but becuase I have classic photoshop and Lucida Grande is a X font, its not a choice. Does anyone know where I can get a Lucida Grande for 0s 9 Apps? I know about extracting it rom classic iTunes but that would be so much harder tahn just downloading.

Does anyone have any suggestions to amke my site apple-y? I am using Myriad Pro font (dont ask how i got it) and lucida grande, orignal apple website buttons, the refelction technique with the graphics, and using plain balck and white (and some gray) colors. Anything else? BTW, this is a wesite for The Sims.

Kevin

4. macmaster112 thread starter macrumors newbie

o yea..and...

Does anyone know where to find the Garamond Light Condensed Font for FREE? I found it one time but never again..... :( And does anyone know how to install OS X fonts? All i can do is put them in the System Folder for os 9 becuase the system folder for 10 says " You cannot move "Font" to "Fonts" folder because it cannot be modified."

:-/

Kevin

5. jbomber macrumors 6502a

jbomber

Re: I know Photoshop...

What in the--?!?!?!?!

Isn't anyone going to say anything about making sites in Powerpoint!?!?!?!?!

Hey man, forget about making the site Apple-y for an hour or 2 and download the free trial of macromedia's web design suite. you'll thank me later.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

Re: Re: I know Photoshop...

i second that one. powerpoint? i'm sorry but there are plenty of much better ways to make a website, especially if you are trying to make it professional looking.

it has been discussed before in these forums on how to get the font that apple uses out of your system for you to use. do a search for it. it may take a while, but you will be pleased. just remember that you aren't supposed to really be using it.

7. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

Be a real man. Use TextEdit!

Also look into ImageReady as that can make web graphics a little better than Photoshop (no quality wise, but ImageReady has builtin HTML export for image rollovers).

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

just google "apple garamond" you're gonna find it someday...
    i agree with everyone else...powerpoint is ridiculous. use dreamweaver, textedit, hydra, bbedit...but for god's sake don't use powerpoint to do a website :(

9. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

although i agree there are better options....powerpoint is still fun