Apple's BIG iTunes Dream?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Daveway, May 2, 2005.

1. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I was using the "POWER" of Spotlight today when I came across the iChat folder and found some interesting things.
    Apple has gone out and just about made a button flag for every country on this planet.
    Does Apple have a dream of World wide dominance? :) ;)

Attached Files:

2. iindigo macrumors 6502a

iindigo

Those were meant as use for iChat buddy icons... I don't believe there's any link to iTMS. I could be wrong though...

3. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

You have found out our plan, we must now kill you. :cool:

I can see in 5-10 years itms in most of the world. :)

4. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I agree that they are meant to be buddy icons for iChat.

5. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

While I think those are just iChat icons, I have no doubt that Apple would LOVE to have a store in every country. Well most of them anyway, I really don't see some undeveloped nations downloading music ;)

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

of course Apple wants to have a store in every country, they aren't stopping themselves.... its more the labels being an issue, but i do agree that i think that those are meant to be used for iChat icons, they are in an iChat folder after all

7. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

Thats cool.... i'm also curious as to whats in that neat lil folder.... funny.... ;)

8. tizza macrumors regular

sigh - so the web post I saw with the Australian button for the supposed "soon-to-happen" iTMS Australia must have been from this :(

9. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

wow Apple 's plan to take over the world . KOOL! :p

10. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

nope, the images you saw were real, from akamai servers. they were high quality JPEG files, whereas these are low quality GIF files.

These icons were in fact created by an icon designer a while ago. Apple took the right to use the images, but some people still have copies of the originals.

i have PNG files of like 247 countries! :D

11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I still say Microsoft has an operating system that is based on Unix that has no viruses, no hackers, no spyware, no trojans, requires no security patches, requires no rebooting, and requires no drivers for any hardware. It runs on 16 MB RAM just as OS X Tiger would run on 2 GB RAM. It takes up 2 MB of space on a computer.

But until then they need to trash the Windows line - everyone has Windows, once this new software comes out everyone will need it. THATS Microsoft's plan to take over the world.

Apple's plan: get music in new countries.

WHICH IS SAFER??? AND BETTER???