Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.
Given the previous years we do expect sale prices though.

samh004

macrumors 68020
Mar 1, 2004
Australia
I would assume that the items pictured in the promotion to resemble a shopping bag would be indicative of the items that would be on sale this Friday. Unfortunately, I can't see an iPhone in that picture.

True, but I see two mice, which seems a little odd, with only one style of keyboard...

Clancycoop

macrumors member
Nov 8, 2007
You are all getting your hopes up...

It is fun to wish, want, dream... but Apple doesn't need to knock 25% off the price of the iPhone to sell it.

Yes, I know they knocked of 1/3 the price previously, but that was it.

If you look at previous years sale prices, they are not earth shattering. Keep in mind that you can't combine deals either, so if you are a student wanting a Macbook, you probably won't get any deal better than you already can.

We will see 10% off here and there, and discounts when buying software at the time of purchase etc.

Or get your hopes up and picture yourself walking in with $600 and walking out with a new tablet/touch/updated MBP/with SSD and a cheese grater instead of an optical drive... I don't care.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
doesnt say ANYTHING about a sale... Or sale prices. Just extended hours.
The small print under the image in the email mentions the sale prices:

Shopping event is available only at the Apple Online Store on November 23 from 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. PST and at Apple Retail Stores. Check your local Apple Retail Store for special hours. Sale prices are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last.

Some products or promotions are not available outside the U.S.

SciTeach

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2006
NEK
It will probably the same discounts (which isn't much), different year. I will be surprised if :apple: does anything spectacular.

I'll still check the sales though:p

genova35

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Online vs Store Discounts?

Does anybody know if the discounts online will be the same as at the store.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
I would assume that the items pictured in the promotion to resemble a shopping bag would be indicative of the items that would be on sale this Friday. Unfortunately, I can't see an iPhone in that picture.

That's just what I was thinking when I saw the image in my email. They typically only discount home or consumer level items - all of which are pictured. Things like iPods, iMacs, and associated accessories.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
If it's any indication of what to expect, Circuit City is running a 2-day 5% off sale on iPods.

Meh.

I'm willing to bet Circuit City is eating that 5% off. Apple insist in certain prices and sales on iPods usually have to come out of the retailers bottom line. CC's trying to gain an edge over Best Buy, Walmart, Target, etc; who also sell iPods.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Weird, I thought this sale is in Canada on Boxing Day (day after Christmas)

Nope, I don't think Apple Canada does anything specific for Boxing Day/Week (although resellers, like Future Shop, Best Buy, etc. might). I figure the US machine is gearing up for their big ol' Black Friday event, and it's easy to give Canada the "me too" treatment.

Lots of good stuff in the refurb store as of this morning.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Weird, I thought this sale is in Canada on Boxing Day (day after Christmas)

No, this sale is everyday in Canada. Well sorta ;)

The only catch: you have to drive to an Apple Store in the US to buy something.

I bought a new SR MacBook two weeks ago in Buffalo, NY, when the dollar was around $1.08 US, and I saved over $300 CAD off of the Canadian Store price!:D

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Holy cow... do we have a lot of newbies in here this year for Thanksgiving?

Everyone that has been following the Apple Store for the last few years looks forward to Black Friday for the sales, albeit nothing too crazy, but still a nice discount to be able to warrant purchasing an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse that any other time of the year might seem a little too high.

Plus they always drop the MacBooks(iBooks in the past) and the iMacs by $101.

Last year my wife got me the BT keyboard, BT mighty mouse and COD 2. It was great to know that she got them at the discount!

This year I'm hoping for the following:
Leopard for $99
.Mac for the usual Black Friday $68
iLife for $49

Anyways, you can bet that I'm going to be waking up early, going to the Apple Store, making my shopping cart and then calling in my wife to hit "Purchase" and then MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME FROM MY WIFE!!!!

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Every little bit helps

Even 10% (or 5% for that matter) is good if it's on something you were going to buy anyway.

I'm planning on being at the shopping center early anyway... why not make the Apple Store the first stop...

SciTeach

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2006
NEK
Plus they always drop the MacBooks(iBooks in the past) and the iMacs by $101.

Good for those who don't get educational discounts already.....
Now if they COMBINED them:eek:

This year I'm hoping for the following:
Leopard for $99
.Mac for the usual Black Friday $68
iLife for $49

I might consider getting the .Mac (finally) at that price. It will be interesting to see what software they do put on discount. Maybe games games under $30:D:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.