Apple's Bluetooth Adapter Delayed Indefinitely!

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Mr. Anderson, May 23, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nov 1, 2001
  2. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Nov 4, 2001
    Its quite a shame, I was looking forward to trying it out!

Well, I now expect it to be available in Powermacs at MWNY along with X.2.

3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

:( Well I hope they can find a way to get bluetooth out.
  4. jasonpaul75 macrumors member

Apr 29, 2002
    I started a thread about this weeks ago..

I wonder if the naysayers still think this cancellation has nothing to do with a desire to sell more machines with built in bluetooth.

It is sad to think that this is the case...but it is.
  5. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    apple may have decided to change its path for its bluetooth support... like maybe they are going to integrate bluetooth into its machines -- for instance, there is a new bluetooth control panel in x.2 for it -- so maybe they decided to release internal bluetooth sooner than later, instead of having ppl use the adapters for so long.

maybe apple has changed their minds about making proiducts themselves, for instance, maybe instead of using 3rd party pads for inkwell, they will be manufacturing their own pads...

also -- inkwell wasnt integrated into the most recent (wwdc) version of x.2 showing that this path was up in the air for more debate, and a final postition on the subject...

just my two cents...
  6. Matt_d macrumors newbie

May 19, 2002
    I agree

I agree but then again that is the corporate world of computers for you.:(
  7. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

Apr 12, 2002
    PowerBook G4 (New 667/800)

Do the latest revisions of the TiBooks and iBooks include internal support for Bluetooth or will it be added at MWNY?
  8. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Apr 2, 2002
    Hong Kong
    no, the current ibooks and powerbooks do not feature internal bluetooth support...

in my humble opinion, i think they well eventually add internal bluetooth suport, if not at mwny.