Apples Brand

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alexlai5050, Apr 20, 2003.

1. alexlai5050 macrumors member

Apple has developed a very good brand now
    There iMac is the product that boosted its awareness
    now i think apple should use their brand to creat a wider range of products such as ifridge (a fridge) LOL they should expand there marketing
    alex

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Very few people have never heard of Apple (although if you ask PC users what makes a Macintosh different than a Windows PC, they often can't tell you). So people know the Apple name, but don't always know what it means to them.

If Apple expands into other markets, those markets need to relate somehow to Apple's current business. Otherwise, people would have no reason to assume that Apple would have any advantage to offer. So Apple shouldn't be selling refrigerators unless they have something to do with Apple computers, e.g.,

* The refrigerator has a builtin photo display panel on the front, which can display your iPhoto library over a wireless connection to your Macintosh.

* The refrigerator monitors its contents and automatically syncs to a shopping list on your .Mac account, which lets you click to order what you need online.

Watch for one at a Circuit City store near you!

3. alexlai5050 thread starter macrumors member

Yea thats right i mean they shoudl expand maybe there new board of directors mite suggest that

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

not enough people buy apple comps, how is apple going to compete with say GE :rolleyes:

5. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i think they will be fine perhaps they should focus on keeping up with the PC world and continue to beat them before they worry about diversifying. Its kind of a dumb idea when you think about it. Why would they need products in other industries.......i mean apple tries to be sophisticated but washing machines and fridges are typically mondane.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Apple could only compete with GE selling refrigerators by offering something GE doesn't and it would have to be something you'd expect Apple to know how to do. I can't think of a real feature that Apple might offer for refrigerators, so perhaps we need a better sample market to brainstorm about. Even Apple apparel, like those bomber jackets with the iPod pocket, make more sense than refrigerators.

So how 'bout an Apple boombox (large portable stereo system), like a big brother of the iPod. We can call it the iBoom, since iBox sounds too much like the Xbox. Here's where Apple could use its talent - stylish equipment, good speakers, user interface, and of course computer connectivity. If the iBoom appeared in Apple stores next week, I'd expect the public to give it a good reaction, because the Apple brand name carries weight for music equipment, even though they've never made boomboxes before.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

By the way, Kwyjibo, can I assume that your member name comes from a big dumb balding North American ape with no chin, worth twenty three points plus double word score plus sixty points for using all the letters? If that's where it came from, I'm embarrassed how long it took me to notice the connection. And if I'm wrong, I apologize in advance for calling you a big dumb ape!

8. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

i posted this in the origins of your macrumors name but here it is again. (Ps your right doc)

BART
    K-W-Y-J-I-B-O... Kwyjibo.22 points... plus 50 points for using all my letters! Game's over, I'm outta here...

HOMER
    Wait a minute, you little cheater -- you're not going anywhere until you tell me what a Kwyjibo is!

BART
    Kwyjibo? Uh... a big, dumb, balding,
    North American ape with no chin...

MARGE
    And a short temper!

HOMER
    Why you little!! (chases Bart)

BART
    Uh oh, Kwyjibo on the loose!