Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
James Corden makes the segment work. Jimmy Fallon makes the lip sync Karaoke bit work but the full show on spike or whatever is terrible...

wigby

macrumors 68030
Jun 7, 2007
I love the concept of different hosts, but one of the reason I love this so much is BECAUSE of James Corden, he's so sincere and relatable and just warm and easy to connect with as an observer. He brings out the best in his guests.
I've never watched Corden or his show but I would watch this. I think many people out there have not seen the viral videos watched 1000000 times by the same 10000 kids. When you reboot a show like this and introduce it as a new series on a music platform that adults actually pay for, you tap into an entirely new audience.
[doublepost=1483994922][/doublepost]
What is peoples fascination with celebrities?!? How about people live in their OWN life and not obsess over rich schmucks making bad movies/tv shows that will never know or care about you in the way you do about them.
What about people's obsession with tech and smartphones? At least I can relate to a celebrity sometimes. How do I relate to an app or a phone with a low battery or something? Celebrity news and entertainment is a multibillion dollar business and it doesn't even have to be that good. It's naturally easy TV content and programming for the taking.

Reactions: zooby

trainwrecka

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2007
Earth
When something isn't as scarce, it becomes less special. RIP Carpool Karaoke

It's already too much to keep it special, so I don't think this show will do it any favors. Reminds me of the lip-sync battle. Then again, maybe it still gets huge ratings.

dazed

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2007
I had to check the calendar that it wasn't April 1st.

This sounds like it will be as painful as watching your Dad try to dance at a wedding :)

Sounds like something Microsoft would have done in the past when they were fighting to remain "relevant and cool".

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
I'm not following what one has to do with the other...
Simple, Apple is taking resources away from making the products in the op's message better and putting them into asinine and unnecessary nonsense like this. Yes the money may be a fraction of their other products but that's beside the point. Apple is unfocused lately (their services under Cue are mediocre and should be given to Craig Federighi quite honestly) and it's showing.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What is peoples fascination with celebrities?!? How about people live in their OWN life and not obsess over rich schmucks making bad movies/tv shows that will never know or care about you in the way you do about them.

In the Philippines, adoring celebrities is huge! I think it gives people something to strive for.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I wonder if they'll be required to wear Apple Watches?

I can see it now... Set Manager hands Apple Watch to celebrity, and gets the response "you're kidding, right?". Set Manager walks away, head down, with Watch in hand.

swarmster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2004
"So many people have been getting in touch with us, big movie stars, and we're like that's not really for us, but here with Apple Music it's perfect."

So to clarify: only music stars are appropriate for the late night variety show, but movie stars are perfect for Apple Music?

:confused:

meaning-matters

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Does anyone know where Apple has hidden the company summary on apple.com? I was wondering: Is Apple a media company now, or what is Apple?

Reactions: dan110

FatherJack1980

Suspended
Dec 31, 2015
d321892dc1e611ccb3d68f526e26da4e.jpg

Just what I've always wanted! Santa must have granted my wish; can't wait to watch this show!! /s

Last edited:

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2014
Simple, Apple is taking resources away from making the products in the op's message better and putting them into asinine and unnecessary nonsense like this...

With the greatest of respect, that doesn't make sense. Are you suggesting Apple has pulled their best engineers from critical projects and put them behind a camera? Do you think if they employed another eight hundred people, that suddenly every product would be perfect for everyone? I thought it was all about thinking outside the box, and cutting-edge innovation to humble even a MacRumours reader? But you're saying it's about throwing man hours at everything? You should write a scientific paper about your idea. We'll have the theory of everything by the end of the week.

Seriously, what nonsense. I'm no genius, but I do sometimes wish more people would think a little before reacting :)

Reactions: HenryDJP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.