1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Apple's competitors attempt to play catch-up in industrial ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 2, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G4

Mord

i know i know bugmenot but can someone post the artical?

3. macrumors 68030

homerjward

4. macrumors 68040

mduser63

A couple of glaring mistakes really make the article seem dumb. PowerBooks are not (and never have been) made of Tungsten. Also, Steve Jobs didn't "[rush] back from retirement," he was at NeXT when they were bought by Apple. AFAIK, Steve Jobs has never been retired.

5. macrumors 68040

plinden

Ack, so this is cutting edge industrial design competing with Apple's (Dell's new XPS line). Well, at least they're no longer using the same-old same-old charcoal cases that they have for at least four years)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

Thats strange, I went straight in and read the article no problem at all :confused:

7. macrumors 6502a

He did say laptop. I can only assume he meant this which is 1.67 inches thick, has a choice of 16 colours for the XPS lettering, a ribbed case cut from a Citroen 2CV, and - bless them - some stylish black packaging.

8. macrumors member

Ick.

Ug. That's their new laptop? It's chunky, still doesn't have a slot loading drive, has ports on all sides, and a crappy monitor hinge. But what they really still can't figure out is the naming convention. What exactly is this machine called? Is it an inspiron, or an XPS, or an M170? And what the heck do any of those names mean anyway? With Apple, they made an iBook, and then the next iBook was called an iBook and so was the next. With the exception of adding the "G4" subtitle all of their consumer notebooks are called iBooks. And even the title "book" implies that it is a notebook. Apple's product naming convention is as simple and easy to understand as the hardware itself. I think that's important.